- I made up an awesome pasta sauce based on “what we had around”:
Put in a saucepan and mix:
- 1 can of tinned tomato and onion mix
- Two smoked chicken breasts cut into slices
- 1 can of tomato mix (Basically tomato and onion mix without the onion)
- One piquant pepper (thinly sliced)
- Handfull of chopped parsley
- Half a teaspoon of crushed garlic (More if you like)
- Half a teaspoon of chopped ginger
- A big handfull (or two) of a good quality grated mozzarella or gouda
- 25ml (table spoon) of Nandos Wild Herb Peri Peri (Double this if you like hot stuff)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Serve with whichever pasta floats your boat and beer.
- It is amazing how long you can forgo the need to eat when you are busy hacking electronics in a cold garage.
- I saw two girls (12ish) in a bookshop, one was reading a book on Mayan Mythology and the other was reading an entire book about Zak Effron. This reminded me of a conversation I had with someone else about the hot girls from school who ended up nowhere in life.
- I distinctly despise being told to do something by someone who can not give me a rational reason for the intstruction. A Cape Union Mart manager dude told me to leave the shop because they had previously had a power cut. The power was back on, but apparently the policy was to close the shop anyway. “But the power is back on” I said… “Yes, but it’s procedure” he replied, “Why?” I asked. “Because it’s procedure”. His procedure hadn’t been relayed to the rest of his staff because as we walked out they were happily standing by the door as more people walked in.
- Never watch a movie at Cape Gate. While the “common” people might be entertaining to watch as you walk around the mall, it is particularly NOT entertaining when you have to sit next to a kid who is loudly chewing on bubble gum with his mouth open the entire way through the movie, WITH his father sitting next to him doing absolutely nothing. Trailer trash.
- I met a girl I’ve heard about for about 4 years but never met. She is every bit as wonderful as I had heard. It’s awesome to see someone in a relationship with someone they were enfatuated with 4 years ago.
- It is very unawesome when one of your good friends starts to fall into the same stupid trap they’ve been in for the last 3 years… all over again. YES YOU! STOP IT!
- We had home made bread and tinned soup for supper last night. I guess weekend cuisine can be in the shape of a tin after all.