I celebrated a birthday recently, my twenty seventh, and although I generally don’t fret about birthdays and new years, I’ve been pondering my life and all that I have and haven’t achieved in 27 years.
Firstly I’m pretty happy. I’ve got a great job with people I really like working with. I’m learning constantly. I have a good group of friends who support me when needed and berate me when needed. I’ve aquired a fair amount of “stuff” that makes me happy and I’ve got my health.
So why make a list? Well I haven’t achieved *everything* I wanted to achieve by 27 and mostly because I, like most people on this planet, find it very easy to procrastinate and/or get bogged down with the little things. I’m a big fan of lists for the little things in life so why not apply that same principle to the big things.
10 things I want to do by 30 (3 years)
- Stop paying someone elses bond
- Get fitter than I am now
- Do the penisula hike I’ve been planning for years
- Stop paying someone else to do my taxes
- Learn Python
- Travel in Africa
- Read Cryptonomicon
- Write one of the many stories bouncing around in my head
- Take more photographs and get better at doing it.
So there you go, I open it up to the floor.
What should my number 10 be?
3 thoughts on “10 things I want to do by 30”
I have a suggestion for #10 (which is on my list of things to do before I’m 30), but it’s way to rude for a blog comment.
10. Audition on Pop Idols singing “You make me feel (like a natural woman)”