2008 was a good year; incredible things happened and they all happened so fast!
- The girl and I started dating.
- I started writing about politics again.
- I started drinking beer.
- I finally read the entire “Cathedral and the Bazaar”.
- I reaffirmed my love of this country.
- I started cooking more, bought proper knives, learnt how to bake bread.
- Something I wrote got featured on Stumbleupon
- I sailed to knysna on a tiny yacht.
- I moved my stuff to a server in Germany.
- I got featured on GraphJam
- Started learning about buying property, prices, bonds etc.
- Started reading up on analyst predictions for the interest rate and its drivers.
- I stopped using my credit card.
- We bought a house!
- We started hiking.
- I moved to woodstock, temporarily.
- I stopped being allergic to one, very lovable, cat.
- We moved to our house in Observatory and started working…
- Obama won!
- We started cycling, although much to Lynnae’s disapproval I am not doing the Argus.
- We grow, and eat, our own veggies and herbs.
- I hurt my foot.
- I learnt how to plaster, work with expandable foam, grout, paint quickly and generally fix things that needed fixing.
2009 looks to be an interesting year… I believe that the political landscape will be shifted drastically, and 2009 might turn out to be the second most important year in South Africa’s history.
I was productive in 2008… not as productive as I would have liked, but still, a huge step up from previous years. My goal for 2009 is to be even more productive and self disciplined.
Make 2009 fulfull all your deepest desires.